It might sound really obvious, but you need to have a clear plan in your head before you start transforming your outdoor space. Knowing what it is you want to achieve with your space is sometimes the hardest part – if you’re struggling to imagine what’s possible, you can use this handy guide to get you started.
1. Answer some key questions
- Where is the sun? How does it travel throughout the day? And will you need shade solutions?
- Which way does the wind most often blow? And do you need to be protected from it?
- What is the climate like where you live? And what plants are going to be best suited?
Once you have rough answers to the above questions it’s time to go into a little bit more detail:
- Where do you want seating?
- Where are the main garden beds?
- Do you want to be growing your own veggies?
- Where will you need paths or pavers to connect different areas?
- Is there room for any bigger plants or trees?
- Do you need play areas for the kids?
- And thinking about your pets, what are their requirements?
2. Draw a map of your space
Drawing some rough maps of your backyard space and sketching out some ideas can be really useful at this point. They don’t need to be pretty; they just need to give you a rough idea of the space that you’re working with.
3. Identify the jobs that need to be done
Ideally you want to identify the jobs that you can’t do yourself and get the experts involved early. We can help by making suggestions based on your needs and assist you to transform your whole outdoor space.
Take your time, plan well and the whole project will run smoothly from there – no changes of plans, and no unexpected costs.
Send us an enquiry or give us a call on (02) 6360 1001 and we can help you get started.